Friday, December 14, 2007

Okeydokey smokey...

Alright, all ye (hopefully) happy people. Not much to update on today, except to let you know that the photos of the wedding are up at the photog's website.

I'm in a terrible mood today, so I won't go into the way I feel about the photos much. I will say that I was expecting more of a professional photojournalistic style out of them, and I don't think that's what we got. I also asked specifically that they avoid taking pictures with the angle thing going on in them, and that didn't happen.

Oh, and don't even ask what the deal is with the pictures of the food at the cocktail reception is about. It was very hard to stifle my laughter when those popped up in the slide show when we saw it at the photographer's studio on Wednesday night, and when I looked at Jesse's face, he had a serious "WTF?" look that I hope Lori didn't see! They're weird...I think we can all agree on that point.

Otherwise, there are some fabulous shots in there, and I'm mostly happy with the way they turned out. If we can all just ignore the way my eyelashes looked throughout the "Bride" section of the photos, I'd appreciate it. The one on my right eye wasn't put on correctly when my makeup was done, I think. It came off of the corner of my eyelid during the photo session, and Miranda had to put it back on when we got back to my room to eat some lunch after we were done with those photos. Thank goodness my stepmom had some false eyelash glue with her! (Although I really wish I could have just taken them off. I feel like such an idiot looking at the photos now...)

Anyway, go to Van Deusen's website, and enter to the main page of the site. From there, you go to "Viewing Online", and then choose "View Wedding Images." Click on the drop down list and choose our wedding (not posting the names here because they work through last names on the site, and I don't generally release that info via the internet), and then the password is our wedding date: 10/27/07.

Have fun! Talk to you all next week...

1 comment:

The Salty One said...

I should have clicked on your profile!! I didn't realize it was you :)

I have so many weird shots of me. My photographer for some reason loved this scrunchy face I make (all the time apparently!) that I abhor! Of course he posted a close-up of it on his website (kenblaze.com/pizmoht). There are also innumerable pictures of me with a double chin, at a weird angle, almost good but still kind of weird. Maybe I'll post the rejects on my blog!

Also, I thought of this: when I think of my grandparents wedding I think of maybe two photos. All you need are a couple of great photos to pass down through the generations, you know? So, once you pick those out forget about the bad ones.

-Laura