Friday, December 07, 2007

Y'all are peachy, you really are...

Ok, I know there are still some of you out there reading this thing now and then, and I have to thank you for bearing with me when I have the downtime between posts. I know how sucky that can be, being an avid blog reader myself, so I plan on updating the blog soon to include some regular wedding/decor/party-throwing blogs in what we call a "blogroll" that I also love to read, and which will give you some material to look at between my posting here. Hopefully. Look for that update sometime next week.

But now, what you've been waiting for! (Ok, maybe not...but still what I promised to post earlier this week!) Here are the photos that document the big change to the little room in the house that we did on Sunday and Monday/Tuesday.

Here's Jesse as he does his fabulous cutting job around the doorway. See what I mean about reaching high places without the stepladder? The only thing he used it for was when he was cutting along the tops of the doors and the window in the room, so he was sure he wasn't totally missing spots or painting all over the top of the molding.

And here's the one wall when I was done painting it. You can't see in this picture really, but I did a terrible, terrible job. I'm just not meant to paint. I'm pretty good at scrubbing dishes, though! So I'll stick to that...(Jesse also wound up painting that door white. It needs another coat, but even in it's uneven whiteness, it looks worlds better than it did when it was cream!)
Here is the room after we finished painting and were able to move furniture into it on Tuesday night. Yay! (I've ordered curtains for the window that should match better than the older ones that have been in that room for the past 4 years. They should arrive today at the house, I hope I hope I hope...)
Love the new carpet, though! We ordered it before the wedding, so we could use it in the kids' section at the reception. It worked out perfectly with our color scheme for the evening, and it also worked out perfectly for the paint Jesse picked for the small room! Yay!

Here's Jesse over by the desk after we put everything together. He wanted to be in all the pictures, for some reason. He's so funny!
And here is what the old office used to look like. It's not usually THAT messy, but it's close. We had piled everything in there from the little room, so it was more messy than usual. I can't wait to finish the project by painting this room and getting it set up as (a) our additional "media" room for now, and then (b) our additional bedroom in a couple of months when it's time to put the house on the market. Woohoo!
I'll take more pictures of the bigger room once we've completed that transition as well. And now, as it's closing in on 5 p.m. my time on a lovely somewhat snow-covered Friday afternoon, I'll bid you all goodnight and good weekend. Later!

No comments: